Maryland also provides opportunities and resources for citizens to reduce their carbon footprint: by recycling and composting, opting for delivery of renewable solar and wind energy, or helping to generate more solar energy at home and work, and acquiring a new electric vehicle and charging station.
Carbon footprint calculators from the EPA, Nature Conservancy, and United Nations as well as the Union of Concerned Scientists electric vehicle emission tool can help Maryland citizens assess how their individual choices will affect carbon emissions and climate change for the state and the world.
- Climate Change Maryland
- Maryland Commission on Climate Change (MCCC)
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
- Northeast and Mid-Atlantic State Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI)
- Maryland Department of the Environment Organics and Composting
- Maryland Public Service Commission Green Electric Options
- Maryland Solar Energy Progress and Incentive
- Maryland Excise Tax Credit for Plug-in Electric Vehicle